Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11765/11607
Dynamical and temporal characterization of the total ozone column over Spain
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorMateos, D.es_ES
dc.contributor.authorAntón, Manueles_ES
dc.contributor.authorSáenz, G.es_ES
dc.contributor.authorBañón García, Manueles_ES
dc.contributor.authorVilaplana, José Manueles_ES
dc.contributor.authorGarcía, J. A.es_ES
dc.date.accessioned2020-04-08T08:17:16Z-
dc.date.available2020-04-08T08:17:16Z-
dc.date.issued2015-
dc.identifier.citationClimate Dynamics. 2015, 44, p. 1871–1880es_ES
dc.identifier.issn0930-7575-
dc.identifier.issn1432-0894-
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11765/11607-
dc.description.abstractAs the ozone is one of the most relevant variables in the climate system, to get further in its long-term characterization is a critical issue. In this study, measurements of total ozone column (TOC) from five well-calibrated Brewer spectrophotometers placed in the Iberian Peninsula are analyzed. The temporal trend rate for TOC is +9.3 DU per decade for the period 1993–2012 in Central Iberian Peninsula. However, the low TOC levels during 2011 and 2012 over the study region notably reduce this rate. Empirical linear relationships are established between TOC and pressure, height, and temperature of the tropopause. The linear fits showed seasonal and latitudinal dependence, with stronger relationships during winter and spring. Events with the presence of a double tropopause (DT) are proved to be characteristic of the study region. The decrease in TOC levels when these anomalous events occur is quantified around 10 % in winter and spring with respect to the usual cases with a single tropopause. The total weight of the DT events with respect to the annual values is about 20 %, with a negligible occurrence in summer and autumn and being latitudinal-dependent. The North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) index explains 30 % of the total ozone variability in winter. The DT events are found to be more frequent during phases with positive NAO.es_ES
dc.description.sponsorshipThis work was partially supported the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación through project CGL2011-29921-C02-01.es_ES
dc.language.isoenges_ES
dc.publisherSpringeres_ES
dc.subjectTotal ozone columnes_ES
dc.subjectTropopause pressure height and temperaturees_ES
dc.subjectDouble tropopause eventses_ES
dc.subjectDaily NAO indexes_ES
dc.subjectOzone anomalieses_ES
dc.titleDynamical and temporal characterization of the total ozone column over Spaines_ES
dc.typeinfo:eu-repo/semantics/articlees_ES
dc.relation.publisherversionhttps://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00382-014-2223-4es_ES
dc.rights.accessRightsinfo:eu-repo/semantics/openAccesses_ES
Appears in Collections:Artículos científicos 2015-2018


Files in This Item:
  File Description SizeFormat 
post_print_dynamic_oz...
484,66 kBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open
Show simple item record



Items in Arcimís are protected by Creative Commons License, unless otherwise indicated.

Arcimís Repository
Nota Legal Contacto y sugerencias